I can't change my Fios speeds to Quantum without chaning my TV plan!?
AmazingAmie

So for the previous 2 nights, i've been trying to change my internet speed from 20/5 to 75/35.

I've tried though the website, MULTIPLE times. The website works sporadically, sometimes i get furhter than others, but the end result is always the same, i get to the 4th step, where it asks for my email and phone number, in which the fields are already completed because i have all the info updated in my profile. Upon hitting the "Next" button, i'm greeted with a message that asks me to review the given information.

I decide to take to the phone lines on the first night, and i'm told to call back the next day since the dpt. that could help me with this is already closed.

I comply , and call back the next day, this time i'm advised by said department to try live chat.

Did the live chat thing for about an hour , in which i was told to try what i had been trying the previous night, about 2 or 3 times... i'm finally told they have to call me to be able to complete the process...

During this phone call, i'm told that in order to change my internet speeds, i have to switch my TV plan from Fios Extreme HD to an "updated" version of Fios Extreme HD in which one of the channels for which i signed up for Extreme HD in the first place would be lost... (Gol TV , to be exact).

" Your TV plan is old and outdated, and unless you change it, there is nothing i can do about it ".

I'm sorry? You mean to tell me , that in order for me to give you MORE money for better internet speeds, i have to spend MORE money on my TV plan , and lose some channels on top of it?

I'm not sure what Verizon's idea of Customer Service is but i hope it doesnt involve making fools of their loyal customers, and forcing them into situations that even a Kindergartener would see are unfair and, frankly, rediculous.

I'm honestly hoping that i was just dealing with one of the many misinformed customer service reps, and that maybe there is someone else who understands what is really going on , and can help me change my  internet speeds without chaning my TV Plan, unless of course, that is too much to ask. In which case my 2 year contract is up, and i'll start looking for somoene who can accomodate my needs.

Anyone else having similar issues?

0 Likes
Re: I can't change my Fios speeds to Quantum without changing my TV plan!?
prisaz
Legend

I do know the 20/5 speeds have not been offered for a long time, and the only way to upgrade your speed is to choose a new bundle. Which yes, causes you to loose channels. The new version of Extreme has been discussed in great detail in the TV forums. Just the age of this one thread can show it has been more than two years. I had to bite the bullet when I went to 35/35 with Ultimate. 20/5 speed was a given when customers were upgraded from 15/5 to 20/5 at no charge. Some new Extreme customers did receive the 20/5 as part of their bundle. But shortly after, the Extreme channels changed.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Verizon-taking-channels-out-of-the-Extreme-HD-plan/...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Can-t-access-some-tier-one-FIOS-HD-Prime-channels-o...

0 Likes
Re: I can't change my Fios speeds to Quantum without changing my TV plan!?
tpr3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar experience and I'd like to express my frustration.

I'd like to change 15/5 that I currently have to 150/65. However as soon as I change it my TV plan (Extreme HD) gets upgraded to the most expensive one (with premium channels) that I don't need.

Another option I have is to update to 50/25 which won't change the TV package.

I'd like to hear from Verizon reps that are hopefully reading this forum, why the speed of my internet is dependant on the TV package.

Are there any plans to change it?

0 Likes
Re: I can't change my Fios speeds to Quantum without chaning my TV plan!?
mjgordon6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on nearly 10 years of dealing with Verizon on various issues, I'm not surprised. Verizon CSR's seem to be so totally script-bound they can't provide any real help at all. Plus the bureacracy and antiquated systems Verizon employs seems designed to produce the worst customer experience possible. How this company stays in business is incredible. Fortunately for them, and unfortnately for us customers, the competition is equally bad.

Nomar1
After a couple of days of figuring out why my quantum service is not giving me the subscribed speeds, their support finally came to conclusion short of advising me to get a new laptop.

Frustrating.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Nomar wrote:
After a couple of days of figuring out why my quantum service is not giving me the subscribed speeds, their support finally came to conclusion short of advising me to get a new laptop.

Frustrating.

What are the hardware specs on your laptop? My old 14 year old laptop (Pentium III 600Mhz) which is properly tuned can handle a 100Mbps Internet connection for as long as it does not need to put up with an anti-virus program running real-time scans on the incoming traffic, or the content is being loaded by something such as a Flash player.

0 Likes