I'd like to file a complaint
mfish714

On Thursday, October 10th, at 11:43 AM, I contacted Fios to disconnect my home TV and internet services as I was moving from Boston to San Diego, where Fios does not exist.  I communicated with the service representative, who confirmed, that the date of disconnection would be November 1st, 2019.  

On Monday, October 14th, I awoke to find there was no internet connection in my home.  Thinking this was a simple fix on my own, I used the various online solutions over the following two days.  

When, on Wednesday evening (October 16th) I had still not been able to resolve the issue, I called technical support. The total time of this call was 1 hour and 19 minutes, of which I spent 1 hour and 16 minutes on hold, only to be told by the tech support gentleman that the issue was that my services had been prematurely disconnected, and that he himself was unable to get these services online.  He kindly offered to connect me to the callback scheduling service, and I scheduled a call back for Thursday, October 17th at 4pm.

On Monday, October 17th at 4pm, I was contacted by a different representative.  During my 25 minutes on the phone with this person, I was placed on hold a number of times while my account was examined.  I was informed that I could re-start service, which would likely result in a $350 early cancellation fee as I would be unable to fulfill a contract due to my upcoming move.  The representative then informed me that she would need to discuss the matter further with her supervisor and informed me that she would call me back.  This call never came.

This morning, October 18th, starting at 10:16 AM, I began my journey with Fios again.  Initially, I was routed to Verizon Wireless, due to also being a mobile customer.  My initial discussion with the Verizon Wireless representative resulted in me being given another number to contact.  This number also routed to Verizon Wireless.  After another such phone call, I was finally directed to Sydney, a verizon Fios representative.  This call, placed at 10:49 AM, lasted for 1 hour and 3 minutes.  The result of this conversation was the creation of a new account and the promise that I would be contacted by Syndey as soon as possible and connected directly with a techinical support representative to help me finish installation of new services.  During this conversation, I was told I would have to undergo a new credit check (which was done) in order to have services again, despite having been a customer four days prior.  

Today at 1:50 PM, I was called back by Syndey, who transferred me to technical support.  This person informed me that all that was necessary was to go to activate.verizon.com, and all my services would be re-instated.  During our conversation, I told her that I was uncomfortable with disconnecting the line, as my only access to the internet was the phone I was using to speak with her.  She assured me that she would call back in "one to two minutes".  I did my part on the suggested web site.  She has yet to return my call.  It is now 3:15pm.  I got an error message from the activate.verizon.com website which told me my request could not be processed. 

I had obtained a direct callback number to the Fios service representatives from Syndey earlier in the day.  I placed this call at 2:11pm and was finally connected with Larry, an account manager who seemed to understand how things had gone awry, and linked my two accounts.  During our conversation, and admittedly not related to his doing, at about 2:15 PM, internet was restored.  I can now print, scan, and fax paperwork that is important to my new position as a physician in California.   I still do not have access to my TV services.  I am scheduled to receive a call back on Tuesday, the next day I don't have a shift in the emergency department.  

I have yet to be offered any compensation for the five days I was without internet service.  Despite asking to speak to a supervisor, and being told by Syndey that one would call, no one has.  Numerous representatives have promised call backs that never came.   I find it highly unacceptable that it has taken me a total of three days and over six hours of intermittent phone calls and waiting for said phone calls to obtain half of the service I am paying for.  I would suggest a call back by a qualified person is in order at your earliest convenience.  

0 Likes
Re: I'd like to file a complaint
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi mfish714,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes