I did not agree to automatic payments. Please stop.
234ina0oskln
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay my bills by mail via check each month. I do not want, or like auto payment. I like to be in complete control of my finances. My bill is due March 1st (even though verizon does this sneaky thing where they don't put the due date on the bill) but the money was automatically taken out of my bank account yesterday (a week early) without my concent. I do not appreciate this, I did not willingly sign up for this and I do not want this to continue in the future. I come from a family of Verizon employees and retirees and am often in shock of how they sneak around and betray customers, as well as employees and former employees. Be open and honest. Your customers will respect you more for it.

0 Likes
Re: I did not agree to automatic payments. Please stop.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@234ina0oskln wrote:

I pay my bills by mail via check each month. I do not want, or like auto payment. I like to be in complete control of my finances. My bill is due March 1st (even though verizon does this sneaky thing where they don't put the due date on the bill) but the money was automatically taken out of my bank account yesterday (a week early) without my concent. I do not appreciate this, I did not willingly sign up for this and I do not want this to continue in the future. I come from a family of Verizon employees and retirees and am often in shock of how they sneak around and betray customers, as well as employees and former employees. Be open and honest. Your customers will respect you more for it.

How could Verizon auto pay your service without your bank information and agreement?

i know the check information can be scanned to provide electronic payment.

call your bank and place a hold and reverse on the payment. The bank or credit union will have you fill out a form.

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

You had to agree to it before they started auto-pay, somewhere along the line you gave them your bank info and agreed to auto-pay. They need info from you before it is active.

jonjones1
Legend

@silverado4x4 wrote:

You had to agree to it before they started auto-pay, somewhere along the line you gave them your bank info and agreed to auto-pay. They need info from you before it is active.

Funny after I posted a reply I noticed last month when I paid my invoice online Verizon Fios placed me on paperless billing. They then sent an email stating it was a mistake and that no action is needed to place it back into paper status.

verizon like many other companies have tried to offset the cost of billing their customers via postal mail due to printing and mailing costs. However the cost of these invoices are included in the charges Verizon charges their customers.

when a customer opts for paperless billing or direct (auto) pay the customers invoices do not decrease. So the company is still bilking for those postage and handling and printing costs. Another below the line gotcha fee.

i noticed years ago my power company charges $1.78 for postage and mailing costs. However our invoice is on line, and paid online. Again there is no real savings.

so I would say have the company mail your invoice each month and never use auto pay. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure where you looked, but due date is on my bill.

On the first page with Account Summary:

You get list of Previous Balance and Payments.

Then New Charges.

Next to the total it says: Total Due By (Date)

Under that says to avoid late payment charges, payment must be received by (Date)