I don't want to, but you're making me call Comcast
Sean_HowIsThisA

Hello,

I have been a wireless customer for over a decade, and a Fios customer for 2 years. I am moving to a new apartment, and when I called to transfer my service, the agent quoted me a $100 activation fee. I am moving to one of those apartment buildings that has actual competition, so I checked with Comcast, and they're offering a faster speed for a cheaper price, with no activation fee.

I don't want to do it, but next week I am going to call and schedule an installation appointment. I'll have to buy a new cable modem, but it'll still be cheaper than $100. If you want me to stay with Fios, email me within 7 days informing me you are going to waive the activation fee. Otherwise, it's been fun.

Sean

0 Likes
Re: I don't want to, but you're making me call Comcast
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon will not be emailing you from a customer helping customer forum.

however you don’t need to buy a modem with cable unless you want the joy of ownership😀 when I was with Time Warner now Charter they had them for rent like Fios routers. Charter now doesn’t charge for the modem it’s in the cost of the service.

but I always bought my equipment it paid for itself eventually.

0 Likes
Re: I don't want to, but you're making me call Comcast
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It still cost money for someone to come out sn install the service. Its not verizon’s fault you moved. 

0 Likes