I got a Verizon MI424WRI Router, is there an upgrade for the bios/firmware of it?
mervman

I got a Verizon MI424WRI Router, is there an upgrade for the bios/firmware of it?

0 Likes
Re: I got a Verizon MI424WRI Router, is there an upgrade for the bios/firmware of it?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe there was mention of an upgrade being available directly from ActionTec for the Rev. I as Verizon's site does not seem to have any updates for the Gen 3 ActionTecs. But none the less, without knowing if anyone around here has loaded the ActionTec-supplied firmware onto their Rev. I, I wouldn't trust installing it.

Normally if Verizon is keeping up with their firmware upgrade procedures, they push upgrades to the routers as they come out.

0 Likes
Re: I got a Verizon MI424WRI Router, is there an upgrade for the bios/firmware of it?
tns
Master - Level 2

Some were shipped with 40.19.22 installed.

For all others the Actiontec site (pointed to right in the router for updates)  still 40.19.20.

https://upgrade.actiontec.com/MI424WR-GEN3I/MI424WR-GEN3I.rmt

Note do not download and install the older version if you have 40.19.22.  It was and update for a chipset change, and the router will not function correctly if you install 40.19.20.  And those on 40.19.20 will not function correctly on the current 40.19.22.  Presumably the next version, when it comes out, will include support for all version I models. 

0 Likes