I have 153Mb download speed - why can't I watch a movie?
mikeblaster

I pay for Ultra-High Speed internet service on Verizon Fios....why is it i cannot watch a movie from Amazon without it buffering constantly?

What am i paying for?

I used to work fine....before Net Nutrality vanished...now Verizon is out to screw the video streamers and customers!?

0 Likes
Re: I have 153Mb download speed - why can't I watch a movie?
2Dogs3

I agree. The internet service thru Verizon stinks. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo slow. It will probably take a week to post this! I am constantly rebooting my modem.

0 Likes
tonbur

I have the same problem.  Cant watch netfilx, Amazon, or even HBO go which i pay extra for. I think it is funny that they slow down even HBO Go that I am paying for. 

0 Likes
peternyc1

I have same problems. Started approx. week ago.

Watching online tvs from Europe on FIOS and constantly buffering, video freezing. Even website and ping are responding slow.

Everything is fine when I'm watching same videos on same tablet and laptop at another location with diferent internet provider. HD quality video running without interuption.

What is going on??? Is verizon slowing traffic for another sites?

0 Likes
geschinger1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon isn't slowing down trafffic, they are just failing to keep their infrastructure upgraded to be able to handle the amount of traffic customers are requesting (which relative to the speeds VZ offers is not very much).    They keep selling upgraded speeds to additional customers but aren't making the necessary infrastructure improvements to handle what their customers want (and are paying for).