Switch Account

I have 153Mb download speed - why can't I watch a movie?

I have 153Mb download speed - why can't I watch a movie?

Highlighted
Contributor mikeblaster
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(747 Views)

I pay for Ultra-High Speed internet service on Verizon Fios....why is it i cannot watch a movie from Amazon without it buffering constantly?

What am i paying for?

I used to work fine....before Net Nutrality vanished...now Verizon is out to screw the video streamers and customers!?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor 2Dogs
Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(733 Views)

I agree. The internet service thru Verizon stinks. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo slow. It will probably take a week to post this! I am constantly rebooting my modem.

Highlighted
Contributor tonbur
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(710 Views)

I have the same problem.  Cant watch netfilx, Amazon, or even HBO go which i pay extra for. I think it is funny that they slow down even HBO Go that I am paying for. 

Highlighted
Contributor peternyc
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(678 Views)

I have same problems. Started approx. week ago.

Watching online tvs from Europe on FIOS and constantly buffering, video freezing. Even website and ping are responding slow.

Everything is fine when I'm watching same videos on same tablet and laptop at another location with diferent internet provider. HD quality video running without interuption.

What is going on??? Is verizon slowing traffic for another sites?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor geschinger
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(637 Views)

Verizon isn't slowing down trafffic, they are just failing to keep their infrastructure upgraded to be able to handle the amount of traffic customers are requesting (which relative to the speeds VZ offers is not very much).    They keep selling upgraded speeds to additional customers but aren't making the necessary infrastructure improvements to handle what their customers want (and are paying for).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.