I have FIOS internet and retained my copper line.
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

Anytime I try to make a change, this time just wanting to order your faster router which your own website states in its ad, "requires no technician vist" and your automated system is instantly trying to call me to set up a time for a technician tomorrow morning.

I believe I cancelled the order. Sent three messages to the technician and will not be a bit surprised to find out that I am once more connected to FIOS phone when I get home, tomorrow.

In that case, the FCC will be contacted, again.

0 Likes
Re: I have FIOS internet and retained my copper line.
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer support group.  You need to be talking to customer service.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

I feel like the reliability benefits of a copper line have decreased as FIOS has become even more stable over the years unless you are in an area that frequently loses power.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VUser50 wrote:

I feel like the reliability benefits of a copper line have decreased as FIOS has become even more stable over the years unless you are in an area that frequently loses power.

Hmm, I'm not sure I would have ever questioned the stability of FIOS.  I've never experienced a FIOS outage, have you?  Even in the event of a power outage the FIOS signal still arrives at the ONT and phone service can be activated via the backup battery or any other 12v battery connected to the battery backup terminals, think auto batteries, UPS and the like.

0 Likes
VUser50
Contributor - Level 2

@viafax999 wrote:

Hmm, I'm not sure I would have ever questioned the stability of FIOS.  I've never experienced a FIOS outage, have you?  Even in the event of a power outage the FIOS signal still arrives at the ONT and phone service can be activated via the backup battery or any other 12v battery connected to the battery backup terminals, think auto batteries, UPS and the like.

No but I switched from Optimum a few months ago so my experience has been limited. I'm talking more about many years ago when VOIP was newer, but you may be right about it being reliable even then. 

RE: Power outage. Yeah battery backup should be fine but if you live in an area where power outages take a while to fix having so many batteries may be a pain. I think that applies to only a small number of customers (more of a concern in rural areas)/ I definately would find some way of keeping my cell alive during that time period.