I keep getting the "Upgrade to Verizon Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee" popup
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty much that. You know the one. it says "upgrade now" to the Verizon Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee, and starts the installation automatically after 2 minutes. I KEEP getting it. Even though i already HAVE upgraded. I even tried reinstalling it, but I still get the pop up. Its properly installed, works fine, so why do I still get the popup?

Help would be appreciated. I keep getting it like every 15 minutes or so.

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting the "Upgrade to Verizon Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee" popu
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, 

• What Operating system and service pack do you have.
  • Have you uninstalled the Radialpoint Verizon Internet Security from your PC (radialpoint is old version click here for removal tool)
  • Visit www.verizon.com/securityupdate, sign in, and click on “Upgrade Now”

That 2 and 3rd bullet point are probably the most important, make sure the old one is fully uninstalled, run that software, and restart the PC.  if the pop up notification persists, then try the 3rd bullet point and let us know how it goes.

Also they have Radialpoint Parental Control software too.  So if you still have that installed - then the pop up might not like that software.  You should uninstall Parental Control and install Verizon Family Protection Powered by McAfee from the Free Tools page (www.verizon.com/freetools/).

Re: I keep getting the "Upgrade to Verizon Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee" popu
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im running Vista Service pack 2.

I dont have radial point. I uninstalled it when I did the upgrade.

And I have alrwady tried re-installing the upgrade. The pop up went away for like 2 weeks, and suddenly it came back.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump- I seriously need help getting rid of this pop up. It is VERy annoying, and quite unnaceptable, since I have the new Verizon/Macafee service properly installed, and radialpoint uninstalled.

0 Likes