I lose all services between 2:30-3:00 AM sporatically
--

It seems quite sporactically I will lose all my FiOS service around 2:30-3:00 AM on some nights. It has been getting more and more frequent. I thought at first something was wrong with my router, but I've gotten a new router already it didn't fix the issue. Then I thought maybe it was having problems getting a renewed IP address from Verizon, but it seems to get the IP address just fine. Then I realized I don't even have a dial-tone during this downtime. It's actually getting quite annoying because I do a lot of work at night. Also my alarm system will report problems and honestly if I had an emergency, I couldn't even dial 911 out on my landline.

Fortunately I have a 4G LTE connection with an directional antenna I use for automatic failover on my internet connection and I have a cellphone to call with, but the 4G is much slower than my FiOS connection and I don't have good cell reception at home. I shouldn't need to resort to needing my backup all the time especially when I'm paying for wireline internet service and a landline for calls.

If I call the support line, the system will run a line-test and it will always fail the test. Then the system will reset my ONT and then it will seem to fix my problems.

I've had FiOS for quite some time now... is my ONT failing or something?

0 Likes
Re: I lose all services between 2:30-3:00 AM sporatically
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best way to troubleshoot is look at the lights on the ONT when service is failing.

This can help support figure out what is going on.

If you aren't up, maybe set up a camera of some sort to record lights on ONT to review what is happening?

0 Likes