Re: I need Help with Port Forwarding for Verizon FiOS internet.......
DeadlySwordz

i did that....but i have a feeling that if my DNS is the same as my Default Gateway i dont think it will work......i am now also starting to think its my Firewall thats doing this. My windows firewall is off. but i also have Norton Internet Security 2009 which has the Firewall enabled......i really dont want to fully turn it off....so somehow i need to see if i can choose which programs to allow information to get through, through the internet.

0 Likes
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

Norton 2009 has given me no problems whatsoever, including its firewall, so I doubt it's that.  I didn't look it up in the Actiontec control panel but I would bet it's heard of your game and has a port already built in for it.  No, you should never have to turn off your firewall, whether Norton's or the Actiontec's.  There is a slight possibility you need to allow your game in Norton's firewall settings, but normally when I have ever had a problem and went to Norton's rules, the rule was already set to Auto. 

The only other thing I can think of is the site where you wanted to take your download is somehow crippled, assuming your posted speeds check out ok with a speed test.

I can't follow your hardware setup so can't comment on that.  Just based on past experience I wouldn't want to set any equipment downstream from the Actiontec and allow it to do any routing, hosting, or anything else but give me more ports to connect to.  But that's just me.   

0 Likes
DeadlySwordz

like it my starting post it has gone slow for a while. Warcraft i installed a week ago....i just used that as an example on one of the slow problems. how its taking me a very long time to download the patch. even before Warcraft somethings i download take longer than expected. and it was never like that......another example i can give is when i try to watch some videos on youtube some of them start to play....then a few seconds later it has to buffer to catch up. so its not just Warcraft........im driving myself crazy on how to fix this!!! lol ......this started happening a few months ago

0 Likes
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

You know, I looked back and I never saw where you posted your actual speeds after doing a speed test.  Hmmm.

Say.   is this a gag?  Is this someone from Comcast jerking our chains?  Smiley Surprised LOL

This speed test site allows you to post your actual speed results in a forum like this one:

http://www.speedtest.net/

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/681527842.png[/IMG][/URL]

0 Likes
DeadlySwordz

no this is not someone from Comcast or what not lmao. i did the speed test you mentioned and its coming out as with the same result basically from another speed test site i use.  here are my speeds........      http://www.speedtest.net/result/681689813.png

but why are things starting to download slow for me recently......and i repeat not just on Warcraft patch....its basically anything. sometimes my download speed goes as low as 1/kbps. why?  i dont know why.....to add on, my brothers PC downstairs gets great speeds.....sometimes 500/kbps and he is running on a lap top wirelessly.

and on my last reply im thinking its probably have to do something with my Norton Internet Security 2009 firewallso if anyone knows what i need to change in there, i would appreciate it.....i really dont want to turn off the firewall completely. 

0 Likes
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

Restore the defaults in Norton, or uninstall it and reinstall it anew, even better.  What else can it be, if your system can produce good speed results....  And assuming your hookup and extra hardware isn't the fault.  If you hook directly to the Actiontec with a clean install of Norton and get satisfactory results, then go from there and make the necessary corrections.  Seems to me you have enough help from the folks on here to solve this.  If not, it's certainly beyond my ken...

0 Likes
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

@Arthurlw wrote:

Restore the defaults in Norton, or uninstall it and reinstall it anew, even better.  What else can it be, if your system can produce good speed results....  And assuming your hookup and extra hardware isn't the fault.  If you hook directly to the Actiontec with a clean install of Norton and get satisfactory results, then go from there and make the necessary corrections.  Seems to me you have enough help from the folks on here to solve this.  If not, it's certainly beyond my ken...

To be clear, I should have said to connect directly to the Actiontec, and THEN uninstall and reinstall Norton, since that install requires an active internet connection to carry itself out.  The download one receives from Norton isn't the whole package by any means.  It's just the starter course to the main meal, so to speak.

0 Likes