I returned my router but you guys think I didn't
cpujoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Fios, I just upgraded to Fios Gigabit and discovered that I've been billed for the $10 router rental for the last 15 months, despite having returned my router in May of last year. I received confirmation it was received by you guys, but I guess it was never logged in as associated with my account so the charges kept coming in. 

I called and got a tech and he said he as looking into it. He asked me to provide the SN of the old router that I turned in and I obviously could not do that. So I gave him the tracking information.

He just called me back and asked for the Serial Number of the *new* router. So I called back but you guys are closed. I figured, I'd see if the forums could help.

So if someone wants me to post the SN here, I can, or if the techs are monitoring and want to send me a PM, I can send it there. I can also send the shipping/purchase information for the router I bought.

Thanks, still a fan.

0 Likes
Re: I returned my router but you guys think I didn't
jonjones1
Legend

Don’t post any router numbers on a customer helping customer forum.

call 1-800-VERIZON between 8 am till 5 pm EDT for American support.

i continue to say in such returns get the serial number, and MAC address off the router etc. this we received it back but will continue to say we didn’t is quite a common thing.

just google the issue. It’s a money maker for Verizon.

cpujoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jon Jones, thanks for your help.

When will you fight Daniel Cormier? The world wants to know.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@cpujoe wrote:

Jon Jones, thanks for your help.

When will you fight Daniel Cormier? The world wants to know.

Ha ha although I was a great “bar fighter” in my day.

fighting the mixed martial arts champion is way out of my league 😀

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cpujoe,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.