I want Verizon Fios!
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

First off, my apologies if a message like this has already been posted here, but I really want Fios!  I need the super fast internet connection and my DSL just doesn't cut it with the amount of photos I need to upload.  This quote prompted me to post this message, it's from the Philadelphia Inquirer, an article entitled "Hanging Up", published on January 27th, 2010:

"...analysts were disappointed in the slow growth of Verizon's FiOS video service, which added just 153,000 customers in the quarter, the worst since early 2007, Deutsche Bank's Doug Michelson told clients in a note."

I'm pretty sure there is a demand for Fios Internet and TV out there, they just aren't installing it where the people want it.  So I was thinking, if you post your city, your state plus (if you know it) which Central Office where your house is served out of, maybe it would help them in deciding where to put in new Fios. 

I live in Cheektowaga NY and am served out of the Cayuga/Williamsville central office.

Fingers crossed....

0 Likes
Re: I want Verizon Fios!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well I suppose it doesn't hurt to let Verizon know that you want it, but this is the wrong place to post it as this is a user to user forum. Verizon doesn't officially visit or monitor these forums. While there are a few employees that drop by and try to help, it has so official Verizon presence.

Verizon did say last year however that they were going to slow down the expansion of the Fios and focus on beefing up the existing fios infrastructure. With all the lay offs and other economic factors in the economy right now. This makes good business sense. So, while they are still expanding fios, it is just expanding slower. The last press release that I read on the expansion said that their initial plan was to have fios in 80% of the Verizon footprint by 2020 and the new revised timeline was supposed to now look like 2025 or 2030. Verizon usually has a "state of the company" press release usually in Q2 (if I remember right). So that is when the new "plan" will be announced.

ortiz34
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel bad for you my friend

hoping you can get it soon

0 Likes
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I'll probably move and get it faster than if I wait for it to come to my house Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes