Re: I want to use Coax wall jack in my bedroom and here is photo of the wiring cabinet. Please help.
VerizCustom

Yes, Coax #4 is connect to the ONT.

The Ethernet wall jacks and Coax cable jacks in each room are all separate.

I was just saying that when I tried to do the Ethernet wall jacks setup with the rep on the phone, she said connect the Ethernet wall jack in the livingroom to the Verizon Quantum router's WAN port and then connect Ethernet wall jack in each room to Computer's ethernet port. But I couldn't make it work so for now, I switched it back to the original Coax setup and Coax cable is connected to the Quantum router, and computers are connected to the LAN ports. Nothing is connected to WAN.

Below are the photos where you can see the connections to the back of the orange Ethernet jack and the other two phone jacks in the panel. Just want to mention that Ethernet cable fits into both orange and the two phone jacks.

Which method would be better for no-wifi setup in my case? Coax wall jack or Ethernet wall jack ?

imageimageimageimageimage

0 Likes
Re: I want to use Coax wall jack in my bedroom and here is photo of the wiring cabinet. Please help.
VerizCustom

Can anyone help me out ?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep on the phone was leading you in the wrong direction connecting to the WAN port is going to do nothing for you. 
To make the all ethernet jacks work it is some what involved. The router has to stay on coax. You then connect an ethernet patch cord from router's LAN port to the ethernet jack that is in the room with the router. 
Next, this is where is will get more involved. That block that is in the panel is for telephone, not data. You are going to have to pull the ethernet wire off it and connect male RJ45 ends on them. You will have to purchase a gigabit 5 port unmanaged switch and connect all the ethernet wires to that. 
Then in your bedroom the ethernet jack will be live to connect to a PC. 
An easier solution would be to pick up a MoCA adapter and connect it to the coax jack in your bedroom. You will have to connect all the coax in the panel to the splitter. 

VerizCustom

But isn't the orange Ethernet jack in the wiring cabinet for the internet not the telephone?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@VerizCustom wrote:

But isn't the orange Ethernet jack in the wiring cabinet for the internet not the telephone?

I don't think it is an ethernet jack. It seems like it is an RJ31X for an alarm. There is writing on the cable. What does it say? I count 5 ethernet wires in the panel. Do you also have a kitchen jack? Is there an alarm panel in the apartment?

Either way the orange jack isn't going to provide a LAN connection, you have to connect to one of your router's LAN ports. The ethernet wiring originates from that panel you can either move the router to that closet and connect all the ethernet wires to the router. Or back feed the panel with an ethernet switch how I told you in the previous posts. Both ways will require taking the wiring off the connection block and crimping RJ45 ends on them.