ID and Password
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every several days, I can not log in because I get message that my password is not correct.  I change it and get in to E mail and Verizon.com . for a few days and the same thing happens again.  Are they having problems or is this my issue?

0 Likes
Re: ID and Password
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Considering there aren't any other complaints of this nature posted, I would assume it is just your account. My experience with issues like this has been that there is a 3rd party changing your password. Try doing ALL of the following:

1. Change your password to something new, complex, and hard to guess. Do not include any part of your name, username, etc. Do not use a simple password like "pa55word" or "abc123" or other easy to guess options.

2. Change your secret question and answer. Do not make your password your secret answer.

3. Run a virus/spyware scan on every computer that you log into your account on.

These steps should secure it against anyone besides you.

0 Likes
Re: ID and Password
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not believe that it is a third party, because when I called about it, they told me that they wre having a problem and that it was being referred to their technical people.  I would be notified when it was fixed.  I received that notification and followed the instructions.  It seemed to **bleep**"ve the problem, but only for a few days and I then got the same message when I tried to log in.  "This is not the password on file, try again or reset password.  I am calling again today and will report the results here.  I must call the verizon.com phone number.  Thanks for your help , I appreciate your effort!!!

0 Likes