Switch Account

ID and Password

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

ID and Password

Message 1 of 3
(4,442 Views)

Every several days, I can not log in because I get message that my password is not correct.  I change it and get in to E mail and Verizon.com . for a few days and the same thing happens again.  Are they having problems or is this my issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: ID and Password

Message 2 of 3
(4,428 Views)

Considering there aren't any other complaints of this nature posted, I would assume it is just your account. My experience with issues like this has been that there is a 3rd party changing your password. Try doing ALL of the following:

1. Change your password to something new, complex, and hard to guess. Do not include any part of your name, username, etc. Do not use a simple password like "pa55word" or "abc123" or other easy to guess options.

2. Change your secret question and answer. Do not make your password your secret answer.

3. Run a virus/spyware scan on every computer that you log into your account on.

These steps should secure it against anyone besides you.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: ID and Password

Message 3 of 3
(4,388 Views)

I do not believe that it is a third party, because when I called about it, they told me that they wre having a problem and that it was being referred to their technical people.  I would be notified when it was fixed.  I received that notification and followed the instructions.  It seemed to **bleep**"ve the problem, but only for a few days and I then got the same message when I tried to log in.  "This is not the password on file, try again or reset password.  I am calling again today and will report the results here.  I must call the verizon.com phone number.  Thanks for your help , I appreciate your effort!!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.