IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Reply
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-24-2010

IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 1 of 8
(8,422 Views)

I know it possible to use the IPOD at home but can I configure it to search automatically for the wifi hotspots when I'm out and about?

 

Thanks.

M.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 1,778
Registered: ‎05-14-2009

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 2 of 8
(8,404 Views)

Yes it is.  I don't see how this question applies to Verizon FIOS service though.  

 

Jim

 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-13-2010

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 3 of 8
(8,369 Views)

there's also a nice little app called eWifi that will also show many wi-fi signals that don't show up in the wifi- settings.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎10-27-2009

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 4 of 8
(8,325 Views)

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,821
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 5 of 8
(8,305 Views)

 


@mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.Smiley Very Happy

 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-17-2009

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 6 of 8
(8,291 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

 


@mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.Smiley Very Happy

 


i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.

... and by the way, i like turtles
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 2,153
Registered: ‎11-10-2009

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 7 of 8
(8,280 Views)

@i_like_turtles wrote:

i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.


Just found a device called a Windy31.  A fine device that creates your own personal wap (can be shared to wireless 32 devices) using a tiny usb device connected to a wired machine, excellent for connecting an ipod in a wired environment with no wireless access.  In addition the device can be switched between transmitting and receiving mode so it can also be used as a wifi adapter for a macine that has no wifi capabilities.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 6,821
Registered: ‎08-23-2008

Re: IPOD Touch and Wifi Hotspots

Message 8 of 8
(8,265 Views)

 


@i_like_turtles wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

 


@mleduc3565 wrote:

If you are talking about http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/WiFi/howtogetit/ then it won't work on an IPOD. It only works on windows paced laptops after you install a verizon program.

 


 

I think Verizon should come out with an IPOD touch app that works on the Iphone.Smiley Very Happy

 


i highly doubt that verizon would come out with an app for a phone that is not even on the verizon network.

 

there are ALWAYS ways of getting your iphone on a wifi network though ... takes tweaking and 3rd party apps but its ALWAYS possible... you just gotta want it enough to do the research on how to do it.


 

I know, I was being naughty.

 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.