In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
10-02-2018 07:03 AM - edited 10-02-2018 07:04 AM
Hey, gang - Please give us a step-by-step for TRYING to enable this in the G1100 Quantum gateway/modem/router for VZ FIOS 1Gbps service (which I've had since April).
I'm in NYC, and I want to see if I can get ipV6.
a) I already programmed my G1100 to use Cloudflare's 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 for DNS. HOw should I change that for ipV6?
b) On only ONE of our devices - a Win 7 Pro 64-bit PC - I have installed Simple DNSCrypt, which in turn runs the dnscrypt-proxy service on that PC, and so DNS queries from that PC only are encrypted. I suppose on that one I should ENABLE Simple DNSCrypt's ipV6 function IF I see ipV6 working first.
c) Nothing special like that on any of our numerous other computers or devices - they just connect to the G1100 by ethernet cable or WiFi.
d) Some of our devices are PC, and some are Apple, including an iMac, a MacBook, two iPads, an iPhone, etc.
SO - does any of this mean that I should AVOID the ipV6 settings on my router for now because maybe one of our devices won't like it?
ALSO - does ipV6 mean that we no longer have a protected home network and that all of our devices are exposed to the internet because each will have its own EXTERNAL ipV6 number? Is that a danger?
MANY THANKS !!!!