IPv6 is active now WAN Coax light off
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2
IPv6 active? WAN Coax light off
‎08-09-2013 02:17 PM

It seems that Verizon has activated IPv6 in Garland Texas. It appears to be enabled in my router settings and on my PC using ipconfig.

But as I was trying things out I noticed my WAN Coax light on my router is off but everything is working normally. Connection speed is good and no problem accessing the Internet. Is this a problem?

I recently added another MI424wr to a coax in another room but it's configured as a bridge, not a router. And I'm sure the Wan Coax  light was on earlier.

I also looks like Verizon sent an update to the router sometime last night.

0 Likes
IPv6 active? WAN Coax light off
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry wrong room

It appears that Verizon has activated IPv6 in Garland Texas. It appears to be enabled in my router settings and on my PC using ipconfig.

But as I was trying things out I noticed my WAN Coax light on my router is off but everything is working normally. Connection speed is good and no problem accessing the Internet. Is this a problem?

0 Likes
Re: IPv6 is active now WAN Coax light off
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any Ideas?

0 Likes
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon tech says the LED might be bad. Time will tell I guess

0 Likes
IPv6 thought I had it
yobdab1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So did Verizon update to IPv6 or not? Router firmware 40.20.7 Should I enable the bridge hardware accel? sounds good.

0 Likes
Re: IPv6 thought I had it
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have been working on it, but as far as known, no regular FIOS customer has gotten it yet.  Obviously one of the things needed is for the routers to be ready to support it first.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Curious if its really active.

Could you do a test with one of the IPV6 test sites e.g.

http://test-ipv6.com/

Its been active on my local intranet for awhile but except if i use a tunnel its not been active for internet access.

Re: IPv6 active? WAN Coax light off
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It shouldn't be too much of a problem. What do you get when you visit the following website?

http://test-ipv6.com/

IPv6 and IPv4 should score 10/10

0 Likes