Re: IPv6
NetworkLlama

Someone prompted them about it on Twitter a week ago.  Verizon's response was that they don't have IPv6 anywhere.  I followed up asking them to update their IPv6 page and to fix the technical note about the /56 subnet assignment.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NetworkLlama wrote:

Someone prompted them about it on Twitter a week ago.  Verizon's response was that they don't have IPv6 anywhere.

Can you point to that page?

Thank you

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually incorrect info.  Although it probably isn't out there for any ordinary residential customers yet.

0 Likes
NetworkLlama

@dslr595148 wrote:

Can you point to that page?

Thank you

@Here's the post from @VerizonSupport:

https://twitter.com/VerizonSupport/status/330768368598671360

I don't understant what the delay is.  Maybe it's for perfectly good technical reasons, but they're hard to guess given that AT&T has rolled it out on Uverse, Comcast is rolling it out in places, and even Time Warner, one of the poster children for feet-dragging, has begun to deploy it.

0 Likes
luckman212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got booted over here from DSLreports.com to ask for the updated timeframe on the "official" Verizon forums. I would really like to see some update from an actual VZ rep on when this is going to start rolling out. Something on the IPv6 page that's more current than "late 2012" or send out a tweet, whatever. Give us something to grasp onto please. Lots of us have 50-100+mbit "Quantum" connections that we are paying $100+ /month for "next generation internet" it's sad that we can't be part of the IPv6 revolution.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@luckman212 wrote:

I got booted over here from DSLreports.com to ask for the updated timeframe on the "official" Verizon forums. I would really like to see some update from an actual VZ rep on when this is going to start rolling out. Something on the IPv6 page that's more current than "late 2012" or send out a tweet, whatever. Give us something to grasp onto please. Lots of us have 50-100+mbit "Quantum" connections that we are paying $100+ /month for "next generation internet" it's sad that we can't be part of the IPv6 revolution.

Those verizon people with knowledge of the actual plans and progress are almost entirely not authorized to say anything.  We have been pressing those who are admins/etc here to try and get them to get someone to announce at least something more current about those plans.

tampaipv6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been bugging them for years now about ipv6 and just get the same non-answers over and over.  I have fios deployed in a few locations for my job as well, no ipv6 there either.  The most recent thing I got from the sales rep was:

Verizon's First Office Application (FOA) is planned for deployment in Tampa, FL in May of 2012. During this time, Verizon will establish Dual Stack support on two E320 Gateway routers and 200 FiOS customers will be installed with IPv6 enabled BHRs.

As far as I can tell, this never happened, so we seem to be a year late.

It's really amazing they can't get this figured out given the years they've been working on it.  It's starting to get pretty frustrating.  I'm having to do he.net tunnels everywhere I want v6 service.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tampaipv6 wrote:

I've been bugging them for years now about ipv6 and just get the same non-answers over and over.  I have fios deployed in a few locations for my job as well, no ipv6 there either.  The most recent thing I got from the sales rep was:

Verizon's First Office Application (FOA) is planned for deployment in Tampa, FL in May of 2012. During this time, Verizon will establish Dual Stack support on two E320 Gateway routers and 200 FiOS customers will be installed with IPv6 enabled BHRs.

As far as I can tell, this never happened, so we seem to be a year late.

It's really amazing they can't get this figured out given the years they've been working on it.  It's starting to get pretty frustrating.  I'm having to do he.net tunnels everywhere I want v6 service.

might well have happened, but of course no one is saying.

luckman212
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, anyone got an new news on IPv6 rollout?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@luckman212 wrote:

So, anyone got an new news on IPv6 rollout?

Verizon might eventually.

0 Likes