Im tired of this, NEED FIXED ASAP OR DONE
Ginox13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, Its been 4-5 months since I have sighned up for fios.

Im paying for 75/35 net, and only actually getting 40/24 roughly.

Ever since I have got the service, both my tv and net have not been working properly!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tv signal randomly cuts off, same with internet ontop of the fact that I dont get the full speed.

I have called SEVERAL TIMES  and they keep telling me EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT I SAY to disconect everything, and reconect.

I have again and again said ITS NOT WORKING.

When they do check, they say nothing is wrong, even when im looking at my tv spasm.

I have also messaged through facebook and again THEY KEEP TELLING ME TO DO THE SAME THING.

im fed up, and im tired. Me and my roommate are big gamers, neither of us can enjoy any only games or shows for fear that our connection will drop or spike thoughout matches.

Some days its unbearable.

Again, This has been going for 4-5 months since we started, and we keep getting the same response over and over.

I would gladly keep the service if it worked, I really really REALLY want it to work!!! But if it keeps up this way im going to have to cancel and set up with someone else.

I dont really know what im expecting, maybe it is something on my end, if it is im willing to try. If its not, I really need someone to come fix it.

Please, some useful help instead of "Unplug every cable and wait 5 minutes"

0 Likes
Re: Im tired of this, NEED FIXED ASAP OR DONE
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like Verizon needs to check your fiber signal and investigate a possible issue with the OLT back in the CO. Have you pushed them to investigate these two issues? I'm sure you've been through the "Reboot ONT" song and dance already.

Do you know of any neighbors nearby you with similar issues? Due to the way FiOS is built out, there's a good chance that if you're hitting a problem that happens to be with the OLT or the Fiber run back to the CO, up to 32 other homes nearby you are also affected. Rope them into the issue and work to get the problem fixed. If the problem is just with you, then it's probably the fiber run coming into the house that needs to be replaced or cleaned.

0 Likes
Ginox13
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is quite possible, when I arrived my fios cable was hanging down and the tech had to hang it back up.

Im off work the next couple days so its worth a shot.

Ill have to ask my neighbors if they are having any issues aswell. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a plan. If the cable was hanging at a point lower than it should have been, unless it was installed like that it sounds like the cable was hit. So you likely have a defective drop.