In-Home Agent and Windows 7, 64 bit
hotch

I tried this earlier in response to a message and  got no response. I will try again.

The In-Home Agent may be supposed to work with Windows 7, but it falls quite short on my Windows 7-64. The TV section is fogged out and has no information. It will not retrieve SSID or WEP keys, but only comes up with a blank screen (i.e. nothing happens). It finds no Verizon e-mail on my computer.

There is a possible javascript problem:

In closing the Agent, "an error has occurred in the script on this page

Line: 1

Char: 1

Error: Invalid Character URL: file://C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Verizon/FiOS/ihs

/hnm/js/contentslider.js

Besides the javascript error, another problem might be that my e-mail address is xxxx@alumni.upenn.edu, which then relays it to xxxx@verizon.net. I am not about to change that. Can the agent be made to work properly?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: In-Home Agent and Windows 7, 64 bit
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have In Home Agent on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I just recently installed it when Verizon changed the system requirements on the download page on their website. There is another page on Verizon's website which lists various compatibility issues with Windows 7 & that page shows In Home Agent as being compatible with both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 7

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/HighSpeed/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/125554...

So far, it has run fine on my laptop. I was able to run the Fios optimizer & it increased my upload speed near to what it should be.

View solution in original post

VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with our In Home Agent (IHA).   IHA is not compatible to Windows 7 64bit. 

0 Likes
vcorde
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will IHA work in 7 64 bit? How do I get my speeds anywhere near 25/25 that I pay for??    I only get 2-5 Mbps up or down.  Thanks

0 Likes
hotch
It has been more than six weeks since we inquired about the IHA for Windows 7 64-bit. Somewhere along the line, we were promised it by sometime in January. I ask again: Are there plans to fit IHA to the Windows 7 64-bit environment, and if so, when?
0 Likes
VZ_Javier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Hotch,

There is no current ETA for In Home Agent (IHA) and Windows 7, 64-bit compatibility.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@VZ_Javier wrote:

Dear Hotch,

There is no current ETA for In Home Agent (IHA) and Windows 7, 64-bit compatibility.  I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Javier,

Does anybody at Verizon realize how really dumb this situation is? I have no interest myself in the In Home Agent, but I have had a Windows 7 64-bit laptop, that I now use as my only PC, for almost four months, and the RC was available for many, many months before that. Pretty much every PC you buy today has Windows 7 on it, and many (most? I don't know) have the 64-bit version.

Please make sure that the powers-that-be (assuming there are some!) know about this deplorable situation. Thank you.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jkiv
Contributor - Level 1

@VZ_Javier wrote:

Dear Hotch,

I am using IHA with Windows 7-64 bit and everything is working fine as far as I can tell.  It retreived my SSID, Encryption Info, and Username - Password correctly, everything else appears to be available, such as "order replacement Remote", "Trouble Shoot TV", etc. but I did not actually order a replacement Remote or run through any tv trouble shooting steps.  All the information sections are there and working.

0 Likes
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have In Home Agent on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I just recently installed it when Verizon changed the system requirements on the download page on their website. There is another page on Verizon's website which lists various compatibility issues with Windows 7 & that page shows In Home Agent as being compatible with both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 7

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/HighSpeed/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/125554...

So far, it has run fine on my laptop. I was able to run the Fios optimizer & it increased my upload speed near to what it should be.

Satnel2000
I've had it since I added my FiOS service back in mid-January. Never was an issue. Tech installed it and never asked whether I had 64-bit or 32-bit, he just complained about the headaches of Windows7. Working fine the few times I've used it.
0 Likes
RandallJ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems pretty silly to provide software that does not work on new computers.... My IHA does not work at all other than to tell me the service is not available... Verizon, if you are not going to support this app. Please remove it or note it as unsupported..

As an IT Admin, I hate it when tools are released that are DOA....  

0 Likes