In Home Agent fails and reports MS .NET Framwork error "HRESULT 0x8007007e"
powerhouse570

In Home Agent fails and reports MS .NET Framwork error "HRESULT 0x8007007e" desktop running Win XP SP3? I recently switched to FIOS triple play (2/2/2011). I have all MS .Net services from .Net 1.1 to 4.0 running on this system. Have NO problems past or present with this type of issue until trying to install and run VZ In Home Agent on this desktop. The program runs fine on laptop running Win 7.0...any others with such problems? Any suggestions would be welcome.

0 Likes
Re: In Home Agent fails and reports MS .NET Framwork error "HRESULT 0x8007007e"
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello powerhouse570,

Sorry you are having difficulty running our In Home Agent. I have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
JPE1

Hello Shamika_Vz,

I'm having what appears to be the same issue that Powerhouse570 had installing the Vz In-Home Agent.   Would it be possible to get the solution (or explanations) that you sent privately to that person? 

Thanks.

JPE

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

this was an answer that seems to have fixed a lot of users with that error. 

That error is not a VZ error, but a PC error. 

This occurs when a dll dependancy is missing.  To solve the problem, our build guy had to remove all the dlls from the website and rebuild by putting them back one by one until the problem dll was found.  The problem dll used external libraries that did not have all supporting dlls in the bin dir.

Hope this helps.

Try this:

Uninstall the program completely.  

Use the Windows XP SFC command to have windows scan and repair files; to run this command, follow the below steps. Additional information about the SFC command can be found on our SFC command page.

1. Click Start
  2. Click Run
  3. Type "sfc /scannow" and press enter.

Once the above steps have been completed, Windows will verify that all protected windows files are intact.

Restart the PC

Reinstall the program

0 Likes