Switch Account

In-Home Agent for Mac doesn't work - never has

In-Home Agent for Mac doesn't work - never has

Highlighted
Contributor FIOSav8r
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(3,300 Views)

I signed up for FIOS service several months ago and have never been able to get Verizon In-Home Agent to work. I can get as far as the level shown below, but when I select one of the grayed options, I get the spinning icon. (See it at lower left corner of the window.) That lasts for a few minutes, then nothing happens - it just goes back to the same window.

Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 7.12.06 PM.png

I even tried clicking the "Click here to provide your Feedback." I get the same icon (hard to see, but it's to the left of that link), then back to the same window.

Screen shot 2011-12-27 at 7.13.18 PM.png

Running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Copper Contributor ksternberg
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(3,293 Views)

I just got FIOS in my all-Mac household. Nothing works for the Mac in FIOS. Not the FIOS t.v. widgets, In-Home Agent or anything else. Verizon is the most Mac unfriendly telecom company I've ever seen. Ironic if you think about what its products are.

All that will work on a Mac is that it will connect to the Internet. Period.

Verizon, would it really be too much cost or trouble to develop more Macintosh options?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.