In Home Agent won't launch but indicates it's already running
friendlyfreddy

From the time I downloaded a new release of InHomeAgent it won't work. It had worked properly previous to that.   I have uninstalled and re-installed it from the web site repeatedly.  When I click on the icon, I am prompted to allow IHAstarter.exe to execute.  A pop up window says IHA is already running but it is not.  I checked the Task Manager and it does not appear as an application.  I have reported it to Verizon tech support which merely forwards it to the developers who have never responded.  I am running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8.  I always install updates promptly.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Will Verizon address this problem?

0 Likes
Re: In Home Agent won't launch but indicates it's already running
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure..

#1 In the Task Manager go to processes.

#2 Kill that program / process, if it still running.

--

For example: When I close Firefox even after Firefox is not listed in the Application Window/Tab, it is still running according to the Task Manager in the process tab.

^^^^

0 Likes
friendlyfreddy

I did as you suggested and I could see no process that looked like it was InHomeAgent or any Verizon application.  I did this after trying to launch IHA and got the pop-up window from IHA which said that it was already running.  This looks like a problem that the IHA developers should address but they haven't.  Even though some element of IHA is running, I cannot find any way to use the application.

Thanks for the response.  Any ideas on how I can escalate this matter within Verizon?

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi friendlyfreddy,  what the rep told you was corrrect, this is a known issue that the developers are investigating. Unfortunately there is no resolution yet but we are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for any incovenience. Do you have a tech support issue that prompted you to use the In Home Agent?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

have you tried logging off user, or rebooting the PC to kill the process? 

it might be in your start up files too.

Try going to start -> run -> msconfig

go to the start up tab at the top and look for in home agent, and remove the check mark if it appears there. 

then restart.   the pc won't start the program at that point until you physically click on it.   Also could it be in your system tray and you are missing it? 

yours won't look exactly like that, but check down there for it too,    if you have some double arrows, you may have hidden system tray icons that you can click on.  

Big_Ed1

Did you ever get it running?  I have the problem.  I'm new to in home agent.

0 Likes
keshlam
Enthusiast - Level 1

In home agent was (indirectly) consuming a huge number of CPU cycles -- 25%? -- interfering with other work and putting the machine dangerously near overheating.

Uninstalled it, problem solved.

If and when Verizon fixes this, they can contact us and beg us to look at it again. Until then...