Increased Bill from TAXES on broadband???
Zamees

Has there been a new law passed that says broadband internet should be taxed? I just looked at my verizon bill for internet only, and there is a 1% tax, where there used to be 0% tax.

Did this recently change?

0 Likes
Re: Increased Bill from TAXES on broadband???
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Taxes are a combination of federal, state, and local jurisdictions -- with the latter two making up the bulk of taxes on your bill.   You would need to direct your question to each of those authorities -- no one here is going to be able to answer that question.  

It should go without saying that if you have questions about charges on your bill, you need to contact Verizon's billing department to discuss the specifics as they relate to your individual account.

Zamees

My question was more general.

Previously, broadband internet was NOT taxed. Now, there is Fed, State, City and Local. Seeing new taxes on a broadband bill with no info online to support it looks odd to me.

0 Likes
Zamees

Just contacted Verizon phone support (had previously contacted live chat before making this post), they told me there was an email that claimed this was a billing error. They are crediting my account, make sure you check your bills.

0 Likes