Initial Quote Price not Being Honored
shamu214019

I've been with Verizon for 7-8months now. When I originally signed up for my Internet and Cable service I was quoted 78.68 for the two services, but Verizon has been charging me ~$120 for the services ever since the first billing period. I always had to call in for the agents to adjust my bill accordingly, and when inquiring whether the issue had been permanantly fixed I was always told that "they were working on it".

When I called in this time to try to fix the issue (for the 7th time) I was told that they don't have the quote on file, and they cannot give me the discount since they no longer have it available.

I luckily kept a copy of the initial quote in case there were billing issues, and relayed the order number and any relevant information to the agent, who simply told me that she couldn't do anything for me. I escalated this to her supervisor, who told me the same information. When I asked if there was any place I could provide evidence of thihs initial quote, she gave me a fax number but quilte bluntly told me my bill in the future would be $120 and spoke as if my fax would simply be ignored (aka "tough luck").

I am very disappointed in how this issue is being handled, even despite the fact that I have an email from Verizon CLEARLY STATING that my bill will be 78.68. The agents constanly reiterated that they do not have the promotion available based on current offers, but failed to understand that this pricing agreement is based on a promotion that was available AT THE TIME OF SIGNING UP. 

I'm not sure whether to actually take the time to fax this when I was basically told that it would be ignored, or how to proceed in the most effective manner.

0 Likes
Re: Initial Quote Price not Being Honored
jonjones1
Legend

I don't know what state your in but you can file a case with http://www.fcc.gov 

under file an online complaint.

you can also contact your states public service commission or public utilities commission and file a complaint.

you will need to upload your documentation with your complaint. Verizon corporate will contact you very quickly after its filed. 

This escalation department has the power to assist you in your billing dispute.

Good Luck 

0 Likes
Re: Initial Quote Price not Being Honored
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi shamu214019,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes