Installation Fee charged for no work
Unhappy315

Recently I moved and chose to move my Verizon Fios services with me.  When I spoke to Verizon I let them know that I already had the modem (purchased from them) and that I've been in the new home already and that it was all set to go (wired up and a up to date new ONT) and that i would like to do the self install (which I am more than capable of).  
The Verizon Fios agent told me the ONT was outdated and would need to be replaced ans that a technician would need to come out and a $99 fee would be charged for that visit.  I let the agent know that the ONT was the ones they currently use as my mother (who lives on the same street a couple houses down) had just gotten installed had the same exact ONT and that there was no need for a technician and I could do it myself.
They insisted I needed the technician so I asked at the time if the fee would be waived afterwards if we come to find out it that I could have done the self installation and the technician was not needed and I was told it would be.
The day comes for the technician visit.  I had my modem and as soon as we got there even the technician wondered why he was needed as I could have done the self install.  He literally did nothing other than watch the lights come on the modem showing that the service was active.  I mentioned to him that I wanted to do the self install but the Verizon Agent wouldnt let me and that I was going to be charged a $99 fee for him coming out to me.  He said he was not needed and that he would make a note on my account of that so i shouldnt be charged.

My bill was due shortly thereafter and I paid it even though the installation fee was on there because I didnt want to incur late charges from non payment and assumed that it would get credited back on the next bill.  

It did not.

I called today to explain the situation to a different Verizon Agent and was told that they would give me half of the fee back.  I inquired as to why should it be half when the technician was not needed, did nothing, I was told it would be waived if it wasn't needed when I talked to the original Verizon Fios agent, and that the technician stated that he would note it and that I should not be charged as well?
I got the runaround.

So, I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to one who would only give me the half off as well.  I did not accept it.  I should not be charged for a technician fee for something that I did not need, would told be waived, and for NO SERVICE provided.  I am on a fixed budget and other providers would love to have my business (and would gladly offer installation with no fee to have it).  I have been a customer for 4 plus years and would've continued to be but now I obviously have to start shopping around because terrible customer service like this should not be rewarded with customer loyalty.

0 Likes
Re: Installation Fee charged for no work
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: Installation Fee charged for no work
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Unhappy315,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes