Installation of FiOs Internet
BlueChair1

My appologies if this has been answered else where, I couldn't find it.

I currently have Cable internet with Timer Warner.

There is already a cable internet cable setup, if I switch to FiOs can they use this cable or do they have to run a new wire into the room?

I ask as I hope they can use the existing cable as I can't afford to have anymore holes drilled into that room.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Installation of FiOs Internet
Jambo3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am guessing you are in a condo or appartment building.. If so I just went through this.

in our building they ran fiber into the main phone/cable room in the basement. Verizon then installs some of there equipment in there. Then they use both the existing coax cable and the old copper phone cable to connect up to each unit. The phone cabling is actually doing the internet via vdsl and cable for the tv. But they also use the coax cable to connect the set top boxes to internet. it seemed very strange to me at first, but once it's configured right it works great...

Re: Installation of FiOs Internet
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you living in a multi-tenent building or a single family house?

In the case of the single family house, assuming you are dropping your cable server in conjunction with the installation of FiOS, they will reuse the same Coax.

If you are livining in a multi-tenent building/condo, then it depends on how your building is wired.