Installing InHome Agent
dmicno

I am trying to install Verizon InHome Agent. Each time I try to run the install, I get an Installer-Notepad with errors such as "heap error",

"not enough space for loio intilization (stdio initialization)(thread error), multithread lock error, etc". "- not enough space for environment
R6008
- not enough space for arguments
R6002
- floating point not loaded
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

Much too complicated for me to read and understand. Does anyone have a clue based on this limited explanation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Installing InHome Agent
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I point to and quote from

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Verizon-In-Home-Agent-runs-on-my-system-MAC-OSX-but-does-...

i like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.

0 Likes
dmicno

I am still looking for a solution for installing InHome Agent on my Windows Vista (32 bit) machine.  Can anyone help?

0 Likes
TwoTankAmin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Count yourselves lucky, That program is more trouble than help. It took me about 90 seconds to realize this and to remove it from my system. If you have any real questions about anything more complex than hitting the enter key, you are not going to find any answers from the In Home Agent. Its all basic stuff and will not help with any real issues.

You will probably find better, more easy to understand and more usable answers on Google than you can in any verizon software i have seen to date.