Installing a Coax MoCA Network Adapter with Verizon router
Jimmag2

I have fios internet and TV service with an Actiontec MI424WR router.

I purchased an Actiontec Ethernet over Coax MoCA Network Adapter  #ECB 2200 in order to bring Ethernet into another room.

I connected it to an upstairs room in front of the existing STB Coax connection.

After connecting, I lost the VOD & remote DVR optionson the STB and I could get no network activity thru the ethernet connection of the adaptor. Although ethernet conectivity light was lit and flashing.

I thought this MoCA adaptor was just "plug and play" and the MI424WR router was compatible.

Does the router have to be configured to use this MoCA adaptor?

How can I use this Coax MoCA Network Adapter  to bring internet into a room with existing coax and a STB?

0 Likes
Re: Installing a Coax MoCA Network Adapter with Verizon router
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Jimmag..The Verizon Actiontec Router does not need to be configured in order to use the adapter.  You might need 2 adapters. Coming from the Verizon Router you need a patch cord from 1 LAN port to the Coax MoCA Network Adapter  #ECB 2200 then coax from that adapter into your moca network. Then in the room you are trying to convert moca to ethernet another adapter. Check out this link it might help you better understand. http://www.actiontec.com/products/datasheets/ECB2200%20MoCA%20Network%20Adapter%20Datasheet.pdf Thanks Brett

0 Likes