Re: Intermittent FIOS Connection
lanboyo

I have the same thing, when I reset the router or go into connections settings, select my Broadband interface, click settings  and release and renew my IP, It comes back for a bit, but usually not for long.

0 Likes
paloma6479
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, this is getting really annoying.  During this event, pings were timing out and webpages wouldn't come up but all the lights on the router and the ONT were normal.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Have any of you taken a look at your router log? I am experiencing something similar and I see this in the log:

It is the pattern in the top four entries that shows what is happening.

Most of the time, after a brief delay, my internet connection starts working again, although occasionally it takes 5 - 10 minutes. Sometimes I see the sequence just once, sometimes twice in a row, sometimes multiple times separated by a few minutes. It has happened to me with an Actiontec Rev. D router and a replacement Rev. F router that Verizon sent, so I really don't think it is the router, I think it is something outside that, the ONT or maybe the Central Office.

I wish someone would come up with a real solution.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
paloma6479
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is my log from tonight, 8/25.  It dropped at about 12:20 or so and came back on by itself at 12:26.  Again, both the router and the ONT showed they were working normally but pings and tracerts timed out.  5 or 6 minutes is about half the time it's normally out during one of these events.  So far I've had 3 today that I've noticed.

0 Likes
shadezero
Enthusiast - Level 3

having the same issuse i was playing video games yesterday and suddlen i started to lag. started 2 days ago my ping would sky rocket  then dc and I even connected my laptop to my friends mumble server to test to see if it was my main pc or my network so far it's my network it happened again couple hours ago i did a ping test when it came back online and here's the pic. Before I dced i was playing Tera-online Idk if anything has to do with the game. I even missed my loot this is getting annoying my friend who lives in the same providence doesn't have this problem and he and i have the same exact network. Is this just me or an Office issue in nyc jamaica ?image

0 Likes