Switch Account

Intermittent FiOS Internet dropouts

Intermittent FiOS Internet dropouts

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1 of 3
(1,229 Views)

For quite a while I notice that Internet connection drops out randomly for maybe a second at a time. For web browsing or email this isn't a big deal, but for streaming and online games it is an annoyance. It happens on multiple devices so it isn't an issue with a cable or computer being bad.

Does anyone have a good tip on how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3
(1,194 Views)

Wired or wireless?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(1,116 Views)

Both wired and wireless. I ran WinMeter for a while and my router to the Verizon router configured as bridge has across the board 0 ms response times which is what I expect. Anything after that was OK and reasonable as well. Of course when I ran the test the connection was rock solid, but I can't keep running WinMeter with the default 1 second ping indefinitely. It wouldn't tell me much anyway.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.