Re: Intermittent Internet Connectivity Problem. Sometimes freezes Windows XP. Help please, anyone?
golfdude
BTW- Provider7, could you give me some insight on losing MSN explorer?  See my post on missing my Butterfly!
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Internet Connectivity Problem. Sometimes freezes Windows XP. Help please, anyone?
Arun3
Ok you can easily isolate if it's Internet connection problem or Internet explorer problem by doing a ping test. Open up the command prompt and type "ping yahoo.com -t" and leave it to run for 10 to 15 mins. If you get a healthy reply from internet connection is good, if you get request timed out internet connection problem. If you get a mixure of repl from and request timed out, still internet problem.
0 Likes
barric
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keeping my fingers crossed.

On computer 1, I followed the suggestion to Run IPConfig/Release, IPConfig/Renew.    I have had no trouble all afternoon, reconnecting 20 or 30 times.

Computer 2 has not had any problems for two days.  3 wks ago we had a hard drive failure and had to replace it.  Just 2 days ago, MS finally notified us and installed Service Pack 3.  Since then, no problems.   Is the a coincidence?

Many many thanks to all those helping to this point.   I may now be back running internet normally.

0 Likes