Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Intermittent Internet Connectivity Problem. Sometimes freezes Windows XP. Help please, anyone?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Intermittent Internet Connectivity Problem. Sometimes freezes Windows XP. Help please, anyone?

Message 11 of 13
(3,916 Views)
BTW- Provider7, could you give me some insight on losing MSN explorer?  See my post on missing my Butterfly!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Intermittent Internet Connectivity Problem. Sometimes freezes Windows XP. Help please, anyone?

Message 12 of 13
(3,907 Views)
Ok you can easily isolate if it's Internet connection problem or Internet explorer problem by doing a ping test. Open up the command prompt and type "ping yahoo.com -t" and leave it to run for 10 to 15 mins. If you get a healthy reply from internet connection is good, if you get request timed out internet connection problem. If you get a mixure of repl from and request timed out, still internet problem.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 13
(3,890 Views)

Keeping my fingers crossed.

On computer 1, I followed the suggestion to Run IPConfig/Release, IPConfig/Renew.    I have had no trouble all afternoon, reconnecting 20 or 30 times.

Computer 2 has not had any problems for two days.  3 wks ago we had a hard drive failure and had to replace it.  Just 2 days ago, MS finally notified us and installed Service Pack 3.  Since then, no problems.   Is the a coincidence?

Many many thanks to all those helping to this point.   I may now be back running internet normally.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.