Intermittent Router Connection Past Several Days
Mark-in-Keller
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had two one-hour power failures over the holidays, the last one on Christmas morning at 2 am.  Since then, my ActionTec router has had an intermittent connection to the internet.  It loses connectivity and the yellow light flashes for a minute or two, and then it reconnects.  This happens several times a day.  Is this happening to other folks in Keller, TX, or do I have a hardware problem?  Please let me know.  Thanks.  Mark

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Router Connection Past Several Days
Justin46
Legend

@Mark-in-Keller wrote:

We had two one-hour power failures over the holidays, the last one on Christmas morning at 2 am.  Since then, my ActionTec router has had an intermittent connection to the internet.  It loses connectivity and the yellow light flashes for a minute or two, and then it reconnects.  This happens several times a day.  Is this happening to other folks in Keller, TX, or do I have a hardware problem?  Please let me know.  Thanks.  Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes we did have the power failure Christmas morning didn't we, and yes, I experienced what you described for my internet connection, although for me it was actually several times an hour. I also have TV and Digital Voice and found that when I lost the internet the TV would freeze for 2-3 seconds, and I lost dial-tone on the phone for a short tme.

If you have TV and/or phone and see the same thing, I bet it is your ONT (and of course it might be the ONT even if you only have internet). I reset my ONT several times, did not fix the problem, called, a great Verizon tech (Brian, won't post his last name) showed up, actually listened to my description of the problem, agreed that the only thing on my property that could affect all three services was the ONT, he replaced it, and, wonder of wonders, not a single problem since.

My guess is your ONT needs to be replaced.

Keller, TX 76248

Mark-in-Keller
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still having the problem, Justin.  Thank you for suggesting the ONT is bad.  I'll have to call the Verizon folks tomorrow and see if they can fix it or replace it.  Thanks.  Mark

Justin46
Legend

@Mark-in-Keller wrote:

I'm still having the problem, Justin.  Thank you for suggesting the ONT is bad.  I'll have to call the Verizon folks tomorrow and see if they can fix it or replace it.  Thanks.  Mark

Just to follow up, it has now been almost a month since my ONT was replaced, not one single failure since, everything has been as solid as a rock. So at least in my case it definitely was the ONT.

Keller, TX 76248