Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Intermittent access to Internet

Contributor
Contributor

Intermittent access to Internet

Message 1 of 2
(3,810 Views)

I have an Imac running OS 10.4 connected to the Actiontec MI424WR router by Ethernet cable.  About half the time I boot up the computer the LAN Ethernet light on the router flashes green and the computer will not connect to the Internet.  Restarting the computer or rebooting the router also works about half the time, so eventually I can get connected.  The only clue I have is that when it doesn't work, if I check "Network Status", it says I have no IP address.  I am using DHCP to get the IP address so I don't know why it doesn't work all the time.

Verizon help has said it is probably an Apple problem; Apple is saying it's probably a Verizon problem.

Anyone have any ideas of what I can try?

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Intermittent access to Internet

Message 2 of 2
(3,783 Views)

Perhaps that is happening because the router has a small/tiny NAT table (and other issues with the router)?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.