Intermittent internet issues
Surgeon

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot say that it has been a pleasant experience since I started using FiOS. I have been on the phone with the customer support for 4 times, and more than 5 hours, and I have had to reset my modem 12 times. 

Based on what I was told by different representatives, I tried two options, the first one was connecting to the internet using the coax cable, and the second one is the WAN port. Here are my experiences;

1) COAX cable

When I used the COAX cable connection, basically using the COAX outlet on the wall to connect my router, I have had intermittend connection issues. The connection kept dropping every 2 minutes or so. I was able to connect to the router using a RJ45, and my computer was able to see the network, and get on it. The Wifi worked also, but the connection issues were too frequent

2) WAN port (the white port behind the router)

I connected the RJ45 outlet on my wall to the WAN port, and Wifi connection was available. I didnt have as much interruptions as I had with the COAX, but there were still ping timeouts, and destination not reachable issues. 

The problem I had with WAN is that, when I connected to WAN, the physical connection using RJ45 didnt work. My laptop, and my desktop did not recognize the network. 

When I spoke to the firs representative, he advised that I change the router which then he placed a new router order, and I have changed it today. Since then I realized another problem, the FIOS-XXXX account listed under my Verizon account is different than the one listed on the side of the router, and I do see 4 Wifi connections now, one with FIOS-XXXX and 5G version of the old router, and one with the new one. Odd enough, the new one doesnt work, but the old one works when connecting to Wifi.

Can someone please shed some light into these problems? Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent internet issues
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Surgeon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes