Internet Connection Dropping
MrsEdwards1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for quite some time. For the past year I have been having issues with my internet.

1. I pay for 150/150 and the most I can get out of the router is 50/55 (results today wireless with router sitting 3 small steps away from desktop). I am tired of hearing that they only guaranteed hardwire. Most people these days are using pad/phones/ and many other wireless devices.  With my laptop setting on top of the router (1 inch from the antenna  I only get 50 on the download.)

2. Internet connection drops everyday, all day, whenever it decides to.  Connection goes from Intenet connection to limited connection.  The lights on the router remain active. I can still see only devices on the network in my home. I can  not get to the net. 

The dropping of the internet only last for a moment. The problem is mainly because when the connection drops, I have to physcially disconnect and re-connect to my network in order for me to continue working.

When I used a third party router, I got a lag for a few seconds but then it was back to business as usual.

I have had Tech support and the network support (via phone) explain that tier 2 need to come out. The problem is when a supervisor came out to run a test directly from the ont he saw the internet dropped. Which proves the issues exist (this was difficult because they need to see it actually happen and even when one tech saw it happen, he needed it to happen again. But they didn't want to sit around for an hour waiting. It took months for me to get someone to take me serious.  They made it seem like it was just happening to me.)  But even after the test proved me to be right, the supervisor refused to get Tier 2 involved. Why? Well his new excuse is only 24 packets were lost during transmission. He proceed to tell me that packet lost on the internet is normal (which I agreed).  But what he refused to acknowledge that although only 24 packets were lost.  My internet dropped 22 times during those packet lost in a hours time.

Can you imagine sitting at your system working and within 60 minutes your system drops of the internet 22 times?  I am not speaking of a simple lag. A lag I can handle.  But to have to physcially reconnect to the network after being knocked off is a pain and shouldn't be acceptable.

I also questioned why when this supervisor did his test, why would he take me off verizons network?  I know why.....so he can blame the internet for the issue.  They have been placing blame on everything from my devices to the amount of devices I have i my home.  He even went so far as to blame an black cable that was coming from the verizon wire.  I looked at him wondering was he kidding.  The black wire was an ethernet cable. So now not only is my problem being caused because I am wireless, but also because I am hardwired as well.  😞

If the lies would just stop, and the techs who come out to the homes would stop pointing fingers at those in the office.  Something would possible get resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Dropping
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MrsEdwards,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Connection Dropping
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

MrsEdwards, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you.

^Matthew

0 Likes