Internet Connection Issues
Ja928

We have the 1GB internet and it works great except in the upstairs bedroom. Anytime we try to stream HBO/Hulu/etc it will play and then start buffering after a few minutes. We have a wifi extender and the signal strength is “very good”.  It’s not the device because we’ve tried it with Apple TV and Amazon fire stick. I ran the speedtest and the first time I got .07 mbps and then a few minutes later 12 mbps. Has anyone else had something similar and know how to fix it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet Connection Issues
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless range extenders are no good. They cut wireless throughput in half in your case.

Do you have coax or Ethernet outlets around where you are placing your extender?

I would recommend you to get an Actiontec or Verizon wired-backhualed extender. They do work better than third-party ones.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

May I know what kind of WiFi extender you have? Fios Network Extender Gen 1, Gen 2, or the newest E3200?

Ja928

AC750

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless range extenders are no good. They cut wireless throughput in half in your case.

Do you have coax or Ethernet outlets around where you are placing your extender?

I would recommend you to get an Actiontec or Verizon wired-backhualed extender. They do work better than third-party ones.