Switch Account

Internet Connection drops everywhere Wireless

Internet Connection drops everywhere Wireless

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1 of 3
(5,116 Views)

We had to have the router moved to the basement when we added FiOS TV service, and it used to be right in the computer room. Now, we can't get an internet connection in as many places as we used to. I still have the router, but they had to disconnected when they redid our house for TV service. We've been on hold for 3 hours and still no help. This isn't affecting me, since I'm hardwired, but it is affecting everyone else in the household. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(5,086 Views)

Mods, I don't think this is in the right place. Can you please move this to "FiOS Internet?"

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(5,077 Views)

#1 You could add a second router that has wireless, put it where you need it. Then convert it (the other router) to a Hub/Switch/Wap.

This is as addressed on

a) http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1133918703

and at

b) http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/lanwan-basics/30740-how-to-use-a-router-to-add-network-ports

#2 You add a Wireless point where and put where you need it.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.