Internet Drops During Peak Usage?

Internet Drops During Peak Usage?

Highlighted
Contributor shakez
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(9,520 Views)

Hello All,

I am new here, and have been a very pleased / satisfied customer of FiOS until recently.  I used to download content overnight and had no issues, but recently I would notice that my connection would totally drop and I would wake up to an unfinished download along with no internet, until I either repair my network connection or disable and re-enable.

Does anyone have this sort of "drop out" issue when downloading or using up a lot of bandwidth?

4 REPLIES 4
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
(9,510 Views)
It sounds as if the router may be locking up.  Try to unplug the router from power for a minute or so and plug it back it.
Contributor shakez
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(9,507 Views)
I've tried that as well, along with the other two options of getting the internet back.  But the next evening when it happens again 😞
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 5
(9,506 Views)
Have you reset the router? This will erase any settings in the router.  Hold down the little red reset button for 10 seconds in the back of the router.
Contributor shakez
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(9,510 Views)
I will try that and get back to you, thanks!
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.