Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Internet...Not responding

gjulimusic
Contributor
Contributor

Internet...Not responding

Message 1 of 4
(545 Views)

Ever since I had my router replaced, I've experienced not responding whenever I bring up another tab....I cannot go from page to page without a not responding showing up. This was not the problem with my original router...only this 'new' one.

I'd like to have some resolution...

Gregory Daffin

3 REPLIES 3
beetlejuice
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Internet...Not responding

Message 2 of 4
(523 Views)

@gjulimusic wrote:

Ever since I had my router replaced, I've experienced not responding whenever I bring up another tab....I cannot go from page to page without a not responding showing up. This was not the problem with my original router...only this 'new' one.

I'd like to have some resolution...

Gregory Daffin

What model router? Is it a rev i?

Have you tried using different browsers?

Are you wired or wireless?

Have you tried rebooting the router or resetting it?

nrc1504
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(490 Views)

It totally depends on the router you are using. Depending on the security settings on the router, malware could creep into your system.  I might still be exaggerating. Maybe, it's just coincidental and you need to upgrade your browser.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(452 Views)

Give another browser a shot. If you're using IE and a plug-in such as Adobe Flash or Java happened to be updated around the same time the new router was installed, they could be causing problems with the IE Tab process. I see it all the time. Sites will load, and then going between tabs or other pages will cause a "Not Responding" error.

If you're using IE, a good way to check the plug-in suggestion is to go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). If you can navigate from Safe Mode it's a plug-in problem.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title