Switch Account

Internet Options

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Internet Options

Message 1 of 6
(1,147 Views)

I have FIOS and the router is setup in my parents office on the 2nd floor.  I am building a gaming rig to use in my room in the basement.  Is it possible to connect FIOS thru the battery component?  I noticed there was a Ethernet port in the battery component, but wasn't sure if this was a good idea.  If not aside from getting a Wi-Fi card for my new PC is there any other around this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Internet Options

Message 2 of 6
(1,145 Views)

I am not aware of the abllity to connect via the port on the battery. Is it feasible to run cat 6 cable from the router to your PC? If not then wfi is also a viable option. Personally I had my house wired when after I got FIOS installed and am very happy with the results.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(1,134 Views)
I have my house wired as well. The router us all the way up on my second floor in the spare room. I'm in the basement apartment. So running cat6 thru my house really isn't a viable option. Looks like WiFi is in my future. **bleep** it. No other options?
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 6
(1,119 Views)

Might you already have coax running to your basement apartment for TV?  If so, the WCB3000N network extender may be a solution for you.

See the third link from the top here for details:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayProducts

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 6
(1,117 Views)

already posted the same thing that I was posting.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 6
(1,032 Views)

@sparker781 wrote:

I have FIOS and the router is setup in my parents office on the 2nd floor.  I am building a gaming rig to use in my room in the basement.  Is it possible to connect FIOS thru the battery component?  I noticed there was a Ethernet port in the battery component, but wasn't sure if this was a good idea.  If not aside from getting a Wi-Fi card for my new PC is there any other around this?

Thanks

I'm assuming by the battery component you mean the ONT so the ethernet connection there is turned off if the router is connected via coax.

Easier solution is to insert a splitter at the ont, 1 side to the existing router and the other to a moca router or adapter.  You can get the wcbn3000n network extender or a cheap seconda actiontec router off of ebay.  Bridging the router to the main router will give you wired and wireless connection wherever you connect it. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.