Internet Security Suite
bradentongal
I installed the Verizon Security suite the other day and am having issues with it.  It takes forever to load or doesn't load at all and I have a "nonresponding" message.  The few times I've tried to perform a virus scan I had to shut down the laptop, first time ater 2 hours it stopped at 8% complete (at least that's when I noticed it had stopped) and the second time I stopped it after it ran 40 minutes and only completed 1%.  Has anyone experienced these types of problems? 
0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

First, check to see how much ram you have on your computer. If you have windows XP and have less than 512mb of ram, then get some additional ram to add to your computer. Although it says that the minimum is 256mb of ram, Less than 512 usually means the programs will run slow.  If you are running VISTA, you really should have at least 1.5gb of ram.

Second. Make sure that you dont have any other security on the computer. If you have any Norton, Macafee, or other security on the computer (even if not active) can cause the VISS to have issues.

Third. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the VISS. Sometimes programs just dont install properly and give you some issues. In which case reinstalling the software may help

Fourth. make sure that windows is fully updated. Need at least Windows XP service pack 2 or later.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Security Suite
bradentongal
Thanks for the info.  I suspect it is a memory issue....running on a six-year old Dell, running XP, SP3. 
0 Likes