Re: Internet Speed Options
grimmacef13
Enthusiast - Level 2
Do you have an update?
0 Likes
ctf1365
Enthusiast - Level 2

No update as of yet. Verizon said they'd look into and get back to me, but they haven't.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience. We are still investigating this and will have an answer for you shortly. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Nilsa

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
grimmacef13
Enthusiast - Level 2
I looked at my ONT based at on previous comment in the thread and I do have the kind. So stepping up means getting an upgrade one. Guess that could be one of the issues.
0 Likes
ctf1365
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would really like to upgrade my Internet from 75 Mbps, but I am not willing to pay the $80 extra per month for 300 Mbps. I wish Verizon would bring back the 100 or 150 Mbps options. If Verizon can't help me, I might have switch back to Time Warner Cable.

0 Likes
KJM11379
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nilsa,

Any update on this.  I cannot seem to get an answer anywhere on why there is no other option between 75/75 and 300/300. I would like to upgrade to the 100/100 or the 150/150.

0 Likes
grimmacef13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the answer. It is the type of ONT unit you have, and Verizon not coming out to replace them for older customers. The old ones only go to 100 on ethernet (what mine said, but it was not hooked up), and 75 on cable (max I could get). So, based on what I read I tried this. I ordered 300 service, an extra $120 a month. They came out today and installed the new ONT box which is good up to 500. I already had the upgraded Fios router. Now, on my service options I have 100 and 150 service as selections. 150 is only $20 more than the 75 I had. I was not charged for the ONT upgrade. I read the information on the upgrade and I don't see being held to 300 service. I've already selected the 150 option and changed my plan.

So, it was all about not being able to get someone to come out and swap out my ONT box for a new one. 300 is a sweet speed, but I don't need it, or the $120 a month bill for it. I got the new ONT unit installed today, and the 150 and 100 speeds are already an option a few hours later. I already submitted my 150 downgrade. As I have the right equipment, the 150 downgrade took place immediately and automatically through the Verizon website service changes page. So, I had 300 speed for all of about 5-6 hours. Again, no service charge for the upgrade that I know of. I tried calling and chat sessions and no one could tell why I couldn't get 150 while it was an option for new customers. I guess the new ONT boxes are expensive.

If that's the game Verizon wants to play, so be it. I got my speed in the end.

Follow up: 30 minutes later, my plan (and internet speed) reflects 150 service. If I am charged for any installation, I'll post here, but nothing so far on the bill previews I was shown when switching speeds.

ctf1365
Enthusiast - Level 2

grimmacef13,

I think I may have to do what you did. Looks like Verizon is being shady and not wanting to tell their older customers this. I even got blown off on the phone when called to ask them. Kept getting the same answer, "we'll look into it."

0 Likes
grimmacef13
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am guessing the people who said they had 100 and 150 had the new boxes. So, I have everything I wanted and no down side. So far, so good. Good luck doing it.
0 Likes
grimmacef13
Enthusiast - Level 2
Final follow up. I received my bill today after the upgrade. The upgrade to 300 service for the partial month is on the bill, as well as a credit for removing it the same day, so no cost. Then the prorated cost of the 150 service. So, no additional fees in the end to get to 150, no cost for the OBD upgrade and I didn't pay for the 300 service I ordered at all. The 150 service is great and is what I needed at a good cost point for me. Good luck to anyone else who tries this.
0 Likes