Re: Internet access - widespread (national level) outage?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@poconodsl wrote:

Intermittent/no internet DSL and Home Control for a week here in the Pocono's. Calls to cust svc are useless - they have no clue and give a diff answer each time called.  This is a massive, systemwide outage.

If you are on DSL (not FIOS) :

#1 Please post your Transceiver Status from your modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get them:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#3 Even if you know how to get the Transceiver Status from your modem,  and if you have a RJ-45 WAN router: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

--

If you have Fiber Internet Access (not any kind of DSL)

#1 From that list that is above, do step 4 only.

#2 What is the brand, model and hardware version of your router?

For example: Actiontec, WI-MI424-WI, Rev C.

#3 While I know you have FIOS Internet, do you also have FIOS TV?

0 Likes
Re: Internet access - widespread (national level) outage?
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Latetotheparty,
I sent you a private message to get your details so we can look into the trouble for you and provide a resolution.

Thank you,

0 Likes