Internet bounces for 2 hours every day starting at 10 AM
aMystery2Me
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every day around 10 AM, my internet signal starts dropping and reconnecting.  It will be out for just a couple of minutes to maybe 10 minutes at a time.  The problem seems to resolve itself before noon.  (I had to enter this message twice while cycling through connection).  Any thoughts?  I doubt this has anything to do with my particular set-up due to the predictable time of day.

0 Likes
Re: Internet bounces for 2 hours every day starting at 10 AM
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you happen to have a landline, and does it go out or have static around this time? Also, does your DSL slow down during the disconnects or is it just an abrupt disconnect?

0 Likes
aMystery2Me
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you happen to have a landline, and does it go out or have static around this time? Also, does your DSL slow down during the disconnects or is it just an abrupt disconnect?

No, we no longer have a landline.  VOIP as part of our FIOS service.  Disconnect seems abrupt to me.  Also, it doesn't always take 2 hours to get back to normal.  Some days it's only an hour.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it wired and wireless connections or wireless only?

If both, any error indications on router?

If wireless only, do you happen to have an android device?

If so, download an app called WiFi analyzeranalyzer. Use it to check for interference.

If not, try changing WiFi channel. Especially if set to auto.

0 Likes