Internet connection annoying goes down once every ~20-30 minutes...
lolwetpear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sick of this.  Why does the internet keep going down every 30 minutes for about 3 minutes, and then going back on.  Does anyone have a reason?  I read a topic that seemed similar to my problem, and someone said it was the router.  Does anyone think this is the case?  How do I go about getting a new one?

Re: Internet connection annoying goes down once every ~20-30 minutes...
lolwetpear
Enthusiast - Level 1

ps i live in Flordia in pasco county

0 Likes
ciarrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think this is the cable problem if you are using broadband, cause i also had this type of problem but after change of the cable everything is great. so i think you have to complain about it. this problem can also be of your isp. 

rizzman
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are having connection problems and you have FiOS internet you can always call in at 1-800-VERIZON to get in contact with tech and have them do a line test. That way they can diagnose what the problem is and come up with a resolution to fix your issue and get you up and running again.

VerizonUser781
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same issue, and I'm in Arlington, VA. Problem is I live in a condo, and I think there is an issue with the main box, or the line that runs to it. But Verizon hasn't done anything to help, and I'm on my 3rd tech visit. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Verizon if they see your line as reporting a weak signal from the ONT to the DSL modem if you have such a setup, or if they see a weak MoCA signal or perhaps a lossy Fiber signal from the PON Splitter to the ONT. Technical terms, but feed it to them and it should get the ball rolling on where the problem is, especially if others in the apartment complex have the same issues. Apartments tend to be problematic for anything DSL related it seems, especially VDSL/VDSL2 if you are being served by such a connection for FiOS.

0 Likes