Internet connection drops randomly
dabearshark

So this has been happening for a while now.. Randomly throughout the day my internet connection drops for 15-60 seconds, this also happens more during night. Just last night from 9pm - 10pm the internet connection dropped about 5 seperate times for 15-60 seconds. I've tried contacting support but both times they said they would follow up after running tests on my network in a few days.. Which never happened so now either this gets fixed soon or we will be forced to change services 😕

0 Likes
Re: Internet connection drops randomly
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wired or wireless?

Do you see any error lights on router when this happens?

How is router connected to ONT? Coax or Ethernet?

0 Likes
Panth3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive been having this same exact issue for about 3 years, contacted support waaaay too many times. The issue never gets resolved and all they ever try to do is send me a new router so I just gave up and deal with it.

edit: its dropped 3 times tonight, 2 times in the past hour.

0 Likes
scslawin

I am having the exact same problem. It only started after upgrading to the 50/50 Quantum internet plan. Router and ONT were not upgraded. If I run the Windows networking troubleshooter, the problem resolves after the network adapter gets reset by the troubleshooter, but the troubleshooter reports that the gateway router does not have internet connectivity. 

It is getting to be maddening.

0 Likes
dabearshark

Same here this started happening after upgrading to 50/50. The router is coaxed in and I'm on a wired connection, this happens to all the devices on the network though wired or wireless. And when it does happen the internet light becomes orange. Told me to reboot my ONT unit thats about all the support I got.

0 Likes
dabearshark

Has anyone had any luck getting this issue solved? Is verizon suppose to upgrade my ONT after upgrading to the 50/50 service? Is this just bad luck on my end? Whenever I try to contact support they kind of just make it seem like its my fault and have a pretty **bleep**ty customer experience. I'm just trying to use a service that I am paying for without disconnecting 3-4+ times an hour, is that too much to ask?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no need to upgrade a ont for 50/50 service.  I think its only speeds over 100 that may need to be upgraded.  Obviously depends on the model ONT and whether they need to change you from bpon to gpon service.  

0 Likes